Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Poem - How to Recover From a Loss

                Enjoy your poem of nonsense

Loss is like a cup of tea
That had lost its reviving heat
The beauty you used to see
Appears in the blue skies that you'll meet
There are days when muddy clouds die away
And the sunlight shines, promising to stay
My eyes suddenly open
For the very first time

Tomorrow is simply another day
At present, nothing matters - -
Because the present will remain
Thinking back to my actions
What was I meant to be?
Was it for him?
Was it for her?
Was it for me?
No, it was for that bird
that I currently see
flying elegantly then disappears
like my past in a blink of an eye

Goals are safe
Choices are pains
Without expectations
My heart is free
My new horizon
Can be anywhere
Can be anyone
Can be anything
My stomach growled
I laughed
Because I am alive
I will find new horizons
When old ones are gone

No comments:

Post a Comment